Saturday, November 19, 2011

Soccer Championship

On November 12th, Madison's team, the Hawks, won 2 out of the 3 games that qualified them to go the semi-final game. So that meant they had a 8:30 a.m. game on November 19th. They won 3-2 on penalty kicks. The game went into double overtime, in which Madison was goalie the first overtime. I didn't get to see the game (I was over at Tyler's game and after game party), but Mike said at one point he was laying on the ground. He was nervous for Madison, anxious, excited and frustrated all in one. Madison blocked a penalty kick from inside the box. Then the referee blew the whistle. Apparently someone from our team moved across the line, so the player had to re-kick. This is the time when Mike was laying on the ground and the other coach was hyperventilating. The shot went wide. Mike had to pull coach Pete back off the field because he kept creeping on the field with excitement and nervousness.

Madison played excellent defense when she was not in goal.

We went home and ate lunch. Then we returned to the fields for a 1:00 final game. They lined them up before the game for pictures. I took some from the front with Mike's phone, but I really like this one that shows their numbers. Madison is in black #37.

They played a hard game, but lost 0-4. There was a girl on the other team that could shoot from any where on the field. The team doesn't do well with two games in one day. However, I am so proud of Madison for how she played, the dedication she put into it, and her hard work. It is so exciting to see her play which proves she has fully recovered. That makes me smile more than anything.

No comments: