Saturday, January 3, 2009
New Year Resolutions
I am not big on New Year resolutions - partly because they don't last long. I have made the list before. Everyone makes the same list - get in shape, eat better, stop some vice they have, etc. In the past I have made weekly goals which I think last much longer than a week and helped me to build better habits. Last week my good friend Natasha was teaching a lesson in Relief Society at church. I did not get to listen that much because I had the baby that hour, but one thing I did hear stuck with me. I don't remember the exact quote but I do remember the just of it. Instead of making the daily (or weekly) to do list, ask Heavenly Father what He wants you to do today. Let him guide your daily goals and lists. I have found this works so much better. If we listen to Him we can help others more. That is what we are here for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
THANK YOU for posting this. I needed a reminder of my own lesson today. BIG TIME. I feel so much more peace today after turning my day over to Him. Asking God what He needs me to do today. Today my answer is to serve my family. I'm letting that thought guide my activities today when I'm all alone at home. What can I do to serve my family with this time? Thanks Brandy!
Post a Comment