Apparently dressing up like this helps her clean her room faster. It actually does not, but she had fun.
The next day she got a warning from her teacher Mrs. Parker, which happens rarely by the way. I could tell that something went wrong at school even before she got in the car at parent pick up. She then proceeded to spill it with all the excessive crying to go with it. I knew we were in for a nice and calm evening (NOT!)
The next day she was really happy - singing songs and helping out with her brothers.
Last night - after telling her for a week now to clean her room she decided to not clean it. I had to take some toys away from her, so she wasn't too happy with that. I went to talk to her at bed time. I was trying to ask her why she has been so sad lately, if anything has been happening at school, or if one of her friends did something she didn't like. This was her response, "No it is you Mommy that is making me sad. You never let me do what I want to." I asked her how I can make this better. She said, "Creamy dark chocolate and roses always makes me feel better!" After trying not to laugh, I kissed her and tucked her in. Then Mike and I had a good laugh in the other room. It is times like these that I try to remind myself of all the sweet things she does.
A couple of weeks ago she wrote me a note at school:
I love my Momy so muth.
Then on a worksheet at school she wrote:
I want to be a Mommy when I grow up. A Mommy has to know how to take care of babies and the house. I can't wait until I grow up!
I love my Madison!
2 comments:
That's amazing, creamy chocolate and roses make me feel better too!
What a sweetheart. I hope my Gracie turns out to be a sweetie like her too. What a lucky mom!
Post a Comment