Good news is that we were able to get Madison in to see a geneticist next Thursday. The bad news is that her lab results were the reason why they squeezed us into their busy schedule. Her blood ammonia level was high. The blood test also indicated Urea Cycle Disorder. Everything else is ruled out at this point. There are several types of UCD, so now we go to another doctor to try to figure out which one it is, the severity of it, how to maintain it, what her diet should be, etc.
She has had strep throat and now a viral infection, which doesn't help her hyperammonemia or high liver enzymes. All we know right now is to decrease protein in her diet and give her Motrin instead of Tylenol.
I am grateful for doctors that have steered us in the right direction. I am grateful for the Spirit to guide me when I knew that something was going on with my little girl.
2 comments:
Hope that everything goes well and you can figure something out. Sure miss you guys!
Hey Brandy - I hope your visit next week goes well. Poor sweet Madison... that's a lot for one little girl to go through! Good luck with everything - we miss seeing your cute little family every week :)
Post a Comment