Sunday, June 28, 2009

This is what we have been up to...



This is what we have been doing this summer.






Lots of playing and laughing!






We welcomed home Uncle Allen from his mission in early June. Tyler was a baby when he left 2 years ago, so it took him awhile to warm up to his new uncle. Of all Allen's nieces and nephews Tyler is the most like him - a joker, mischievous and fun.






In May there was supposed to be a ward Father Son Campout. Kason and Tyler were so excited, but the threat of thunderstorms forced Mike to play it safe and camp out in our tiny backyard. Madison was absolutely thrilled about it because she could now participate. I made it known early on that Kailyn and I would be sleeping in our bug free air conditioned home. Mike "roasted" hotdogs and marshmallows over the grill. The kids had a blast outside with Dad. At dark I went to tuck them in. Five minutes later Tyler came in saying that he did not want to sleep in the tent. About 10 minutes later they all followed him. So their camp out turned into a camp in!



Mother's Day and my great father

The Friday before Mother's Day the last few years I have received flowers from "my kids". My dad so sweetly thinks of me and sends me flowers from my children. Every time I look at those flowers it reminds me of how great my dad is. He is a great listener. We chat several times a week. He helps me out when Mike is away. He comes to visit the kids and is an active part of their lives. I love my Dad! I couldn't have asked for a better Dad!






















I am not ready for my baby to start walking yet, but she is making great progress. She pushes around anything she can find and she can stand in the middle of the room. She stunned us today when she was standing in the middle of our living room, reached down to pick up a soccer ball and then straightened back up.

Tyler is potty training! He is doing really good. Two weeks ago we had a "poopy" party for him. We kept promising him a party for awhile. He finally did it and we had a party - brownies, party bags, swimming, cousins, etc. We even sang him the Happy Birthday song, but filled it in with "Happy Happy Day to you!" I bet you thought I was going to say "Happy Poopy Day to you!" We had to draw the line somewhere.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

brownies...poopy party. I get the irony. :)

Texas Welch's said...

I love the new updates and the picture of all four of the kiddos!!!