Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feels like home



Mike and I were house hunting this weekend. It was supposed to start Thursday night, but due to the snow our flight was canceled. We went out on Saturday night, attended the ward we thought we would be in for church on Sunday and drove around, met with our real estate agent on Monday morning and signed a contract Monday evening. I fell in love with this plan when we were researching it before we left. When we walked into the home we both just knew. It is actually too big for just us, but we wanted a guest bedroom and bathroom down stairs for guests (hint, hint!) My favorite things about the house are the mudroom (which Mike will have to build some cubbies and put hooks on the walls for back packs and coats and stuff), the laundry room is up stairs with all the bedrooms and the loft upstairs.

Here is our kitchen - we are getting wood in here (Mike knows how to negotiate well!)



This is our front foyer/living room. I am not quite sure what to do with it yet.



This is the loft area which will be the kids play room. I am really excited to have a common area upstairs. That was REALLY hard to find in Georgia with enough bedrooms. I guess we have too many kids! When we called to tell them about the new house Madison and Kason were most excited about it being a 2-story and the lot across the street is a common area, so you can see the trees. When we were driving around seeing what was around our new house it just felt like home. It is exciting and sad at the same time. All our family is here, but we are up for a new adventure!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

That's wonderful. I'm so glad you found something so quick that you like so much. So when will you be moving?

jeannie said...

Looks beautiful! Im glad you found something that fits your needs!Good luck with everything else!

Jenna said...

It looks wonderful and exciting and beautiful! Congrats on finding a house. I'm sure it will be perfect. Still can't believe ya'll are leaving though, you will be missed!

Texas Welch's said...

I am so excited that you found a place to call home! Your family will be missed here but this is the beginning of a new chapter in your life and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Summer said...

Your new home looks beautiful! I'm glad you posted so many pictures of it! I'm sure that is a huge relief knowing that part can be checked off the long list of things to do when you move! I am so sad you are moving! We will miss you guys!